Art Beyond Sight
INDEPENDENT LIVING AND SOCIAL SKILLS THROUGH THE ARTS A MODEL PROJECT
■ Activity Plan ■
- Activity Plan Overview
- Activity Plan 1: Introduction, Curriculum Overview, Role Play
- Activity Plan 2: The Mechanics of Eating
- Activity Plan 3: The Mechanics of Eating, Part II
- Activity Plan 4: Providing Adaptive Equipment
- Activity Plan 5: Field Trip to the Library
- Activity Plan 6: Setting the Mood – Dining Ambience
- Activity Plan 7: Making Healthy Food Choices – We Are What We Eat!
- Activity Plan 8: Making a Pyramid – and Placing Your New Snacks in its Food Group
- Activity Plan 9: Making Quick and Healthy Means to Go – Lunch Prep
- Activity Plan 10: Let’s Go Shopping!
- Activity Plan 11: Express Yourself
- Activity Plan 12: Share A Meal
- Activity Plan 13: Understanding Place Settings
- Activity Plan 14: Final Event
- Come to the Table Songs by Brian Muni
- Books for Kids
Grade Level: 3rd Grade
Duration: Final Presentation: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Materials: International foods, ethnic decorations, serving utensils, ethnic music and performances by students and instructors, including original music written and produced for Come to the Table.
Objectives and Outcomes: Procedure (detailed, step-by-step with approximate time required for each step): Children bring prepared foods to your exhibition hall for sharing with teachers, classmates, invited guests, and they participate in every step of the event planning and execution, including appropriate dressing, socialization, program planning, and execution.
Assessment: Child’s participation throughout curriculum and at this final event.
Songs: Play and sing along with the students
Come to the Table, Share A Meal, Get A Grip, Talkin’ With Your Mouth Full