About This Site
Art Beyond Sight Educational Resources is a user-friendly Web site that combines online learning experiences with an extensive collection of teaching materials, networking and community building tools, and an advocacy and grassroots forum. Web site highlights include:
- Art History Through Touch and Sound ONLINE. An art encyclopedia with full-color digital images of works of art, tactile rendering of artworks, audio narration and sound compositions, and an interactive Art History Time Line.
- Handbook for Practitioners. An online multimedia manual for art and museum practitioners. It includes audio and video clips, virtual trainings, Q&A sessions, agendas, checklists, troubleshooting ideas.
- Audio Crash Course. Free audio presentations by educators and researchers from the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia.
- Teacher Resource Center. A comprehensive collection of online lesson plans and curriculum ideas for K-12 teachers and museum educators.
- VisionConnection database. Art and museum programs around the world.
- Career Guidance and Placement Center. Materials for blind and visually impaired job candidates and their potential employers.
Art Beyond Sight Educational Resources includes a broad range of information media, including text, images, audio, and video. It contains searchable databases, an interactive time line, and downloadable PowerPoint presentations.
- Pre-K to 12 teachers and students around the world
- Museum educators and other personnel, including administrators, curators, conservators, visitor services, security, and human resources
- Parents and families of blind children
- Educators seeking professional development and teaching resources
- Researchers and academics active in this field
- Graduate students seeking a research project in this field
- Blind and visually impaired tourists, museum visitors, art enthusiasts
How can information on this site be used?
This is a shared resource that exists for the benefit of classroom teachers of all disciplines, museum educators, and parents. Please use anything you find on this Web site and adapt it as necessary for your own use.
All materials are copyrighted. If you are reproducing these materials in a print, electronic format, or any other medium, you must do three things:
- Include our copyright notice (usually found on the bottom of the page)
- Include the credit line of the author/s of lesson plan or article
- Mail a complete version of an original copy of your work to Art Beyond Sight, 589 Broadway, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10012, or e-mail it to email@example.com.
Please note: These materials are for non-commercial educational or personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the US copyright laws.
You are welcome to use the Art Beyond Sight logo in conjunction with Art Beyond Sight activities, but please read the logo guidelines first.
Material on this site can be accessed on a wide range of computers and browsers. For optimal viewing we recommend the following hardware and software: