The Laboratory for Learning contains projects, programs, and curricula developed by Art Beyond Sight. We invite you to explore these and use them in your work.
- Projects and Curricula for Children and Young Adults
- Art Programs for Adults
- Art History Through Touch and Sound
- Art of North and Latin Americas
- New York Beyond Sight
- Vincent Van Gogh had Glaucoma...
Projects and Curricula for Children and Young Adults
Social and Independent Living Skill Through the Arts
ABS pilot projects at New York City schools. Includes curricula, recordings of original songs, classroom demonstrations, and teacher interviews.
Dressing for Success: Dressing Skills and Social Skills
Come to the Table: Food, Table Skills, and Etiquette
Standing Tall (in development)
Art Programs for Adults
Memories & Life Voyages in the Arts: An ABS pilot program at senior centers
Art of Ancient Egypt: A distant education course at the Hadley School for the Blind, adapted from ABS’s Art History Through Touch and Sound.
Art History Through Touch and Sound
A history of art from prehistoric to contemporary.
- Images with Verbal Descriptions and Sound Enrichment
- Printable Tactile Diagrams with Guidance of Hands
- Art Activities and Teaching Tips
Art of North and Latin Americas
Paintings from the colonial period to the 20th century
- Audio introductions and verbal descriptions
- Teaching activities and high-res images to download, produced in collaboration with the Brooklyn Museum and the Whitney Museum of American Art.
New York Beyond Sight
New York City as you’ve never heard it before!
- Prominent New Yorkers use Verbal Description to make New York accessible to all.
- Visit your favorite landmark buildings, historic sites, and public art.
Vincent Van Gogh had Glaucoma...
A visual essay of five paintings by well-known artists who had visual impairments.
After you click on a painting, roll your cursor over the painting to see a graphic overlay showing how the visual impairment may have affected the artist’s work.
Use the Essay as a compelling introduction to Disability Awareness Training.